LG trees are a personal, professional tree surgery company based in Stoke Newington, London, with consistently good feedback from customers (check out our reviews on Google).
We have an opening for a part time, self employed apprentice / ground person / trainee tree surgeon. Pay is fixed per day and will be agreed with the successful candidate in line with qualifications, skills, and experience. If you’re starting out in tree surgery, this is a great opportunity to train with one of the best companies in the industry.
You will be expected to support the main climber on jobs, which largely consists of working on the ground, processing cuttings. Once you have proven yourself on the ground you will be considered for climbing work.
Ideally, candidates will:
- Have a love of and respect for trees and climbing them.
- Have relevant chainsaw qualifications including using a chainsaw from a rope and harness and current aerial rescue and first aid, or be working towards them.
- Have a full, LOLER certified climbing kit, including cambium saver, or plan to get one.
- Have an understanding of the fundamentals of pruning cuts and why correct placement is so important for tree health.
- Have both intelligence and common sense.
- Be a fast learner, able both to follow instructions and to act on own initiative.
- Be physically fit and strong. Non smokers preferred.
- Be reliable, and punctual. The work day starts at 07.30 in N16, Hackney, and lasts about eight hours.
- Have an excellent work ethic, including taking pride in consistently working hard in a focused and efficient manner. You will have respect for safety, equipment, colleagues, and customers and their property. You will also have an eye for detail, and a positive, proactive approach towards getting the job done be that in the tree, spending all day on the ground, or sharpening a chainsaw when needed.
- Identify with our company ethos. See www.LGtrees.co.uk .
If you think this might be you, please email your CV with contact details for two references, chainsaw qualifications and driving license if appropriate to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining what makes you the best candidate for the job. Due to limited administrative capacity unfortunately we will not be able to respond to candidates who are not selected for interview.
The Article was originally and first published on following website – Source link